While bison is not the “typical” meat for making chile verde, it makes a phenemonal and rich dish that’s high in protein and flavor. This recipe can be made entirely from scratch or with some simple storebought ingredients to save yourself some time.
Shredded Chile Verde Bison
- 3 lb bison roast or stew meat
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 package Kinder's chile verde spice mix
- 16 oz green salsa
- Cut bison into 1.5 inch cubes
- Place bison, salsa, and spice mix into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (As an alternative, you can add everything and 1 cup of water to a pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 1 hr).
- Serve hot on rice or polenta or greens