Apple Cranberry Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1+1 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 granny smith apple peeled, cored, diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Combine wild rice, cranberries, bone broth, apple juice, thyme, oregano, black pepper, and 1 T. sunflower oil in medium pot and simmer on medium-low heat until liquid is gone (about 55 minutes).
- Peel, core, and dice apple and set aside
- Chop pecans
- Add 1 T. sunflower oil to frying pan. Add apple chunks, pecans, and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add wild rice mixture and stir to mix evenly.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!